its Me...Vicki

its Me...Vicki
Uhhmmm --- I didn't mean for this picture to be so big ..and I don't know how to shrink it ... so, until I can get another picture for the blog --- squint when you look at this! LOL

Monday, April 18, 2011

My "Camp" layout for guest designer spot on www.gettingcricky.com

Well...this is the layout that is responsible for the new holes in my hiney (okay...thats verging on TMI) and if you don't know what I mean by this - you can view the blog titled "Is Papercrafting Hazardous?" and it will explain in detail...perhaps TOO much detail ;)

It is a 12 x 24 double page layout - my favorite thing to do...the thing I do most often.
If you are interested in any details of what I did - or what I used....leave me a comment and
I will gather the information for you...I actually plan to do some tutorials with all of this information
included - but something always "thwarts" my attempt! LOL (Thwarts....what a word that is - right?)
but trust me - after my stabbing incident - I understand what "thwarts" means! LOL

Anyway this is my hubby, myself, 2 of my 3 step kids and my son yearsssssssssss ago...It must be 94 to 95 ... the little girl in the pic is now 31 years old! Wow - it seems like yesterday this was taken...
but the theme was camping on Miss Kristals page this week...and where we have camped....once again
the first thing that came to my mind when I read "camping" was our living room/family room camp outs.

We would get some movies from the video store, make mucho snacks and treats, pull out our pillows and blankets to the living room - and just spend time together...watching kid movies or scary movies...one of my favorites was "When a Stranger Calls" and "When a Stranger Calls BACK!" LOL
By the time that came on, the boys were all asleep and just my step daughter and myself watched it!
* funny how you remember specifics like that BUT you can't remember where you have parked
your car after being in the grocery store for an hour...right? ;)

I never liked the slasher type movies ... (hey maybe I was already having some kind of premonition
of my own scissor incident?!?!? LOL) ... but we did like a good old scary movie that had some backbone to it....

Anyway --- thats the story behind the pictures....
and here is the layout --



You know...I have issues with my handwriting...
HOWEVER...years & years ago I found a letter
written to my mom from my grandma (she passed
when I was only 8 years old) and that letter means
so much to me - thank Heavens - we didn't have
email back then - and that she didn't "type" her letter...
Next time you hesitate in using your own handwriting....
think - will someone see your project in 10-20 or even 30 years..
and wish you had handwritten the words?

I actually did the tree by inking inside the paper left
from cutting out a tree, using my Cricut. Sometimes
you just want to do something different...and I kind
of like how this turned out...you know what that means?
Now...I HAVE to buy some of the masks you
see used so often on layouts! LOL
I mean is it is a shopping sickness when
you HAVE to purchase it? I think not -

I hope there is something here that inspires you...or gives you a whole new idea...
so many of you have inspired me ... its what gets me going ;)
Love to you xoxoxo
Vicki

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely agree about the handwriting. I'm a lefty, so I am very crfitical about my writing, but I still hand write the journaling on all my pages. I think being a teacher helped me get over my handwriting "issues". :)

Sarah said...

First, I love the layout. I really havent mastered the scrapbooking yet but it is something that I am going to do. I think that it is so true about seeing someone's handwriting that has passed on, it just brings up wonderful memories to me. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments that you left on my blog. I am now a follower of yours and I love it!
Sarah

Tara said...

Not sure if I actually said anything about your layout when I commented before lol but it is a wonderful one! Thanks for visiting my blog and I am a new follower for sure! Can't wait to hear more of your stories and see your wonderful creativity!
Tara

Cara said...

Great layout and congrats on your guest spot! I'm a new follower from K Andrew's link party. Come visit when you get a chance :o)
Cara
www.CarasScrapNStampArt.blogspot.com

Michele Kovack said...

Such a cute LO! : )

Nicole said...

Cute layout! Loving those owls! What a fun time camping out & watching movies! I love scary movies too! Great job on inking the tree & your handwriting is lovely.